Endometriosis: Causes, Risks, Symptoms, Treatment
Endometriosis is a gynecological condition which is unfortunately incurable, but definitely manageable through Endometriosis treatment.
At reproductive age, 6% to 10% of women are afflicted with Endometriosis. Women get to witness the symptoms of Endometriosis during their reproductive years. Endometriosis treatment is advisable to avoid complications.
Know the Causes:
Though the causes are not certain, still medical experts recognized possible causes during their Endometriosis treatment —
- Poor Immune System
Poor immune system makes your body unable to fight with and destroy the endometrial tissue growing outside the uterus.
- Endometrial Cell Transport
Endometrial Cells may be transported to other parts of body by tissue fluid (lymphatic) system and blood vessels.
- Surgical Scar Implantation
There is a chance that endometrial cells stick to a surgical incision after gynecological surgery such as C-section or hysterectomy.
- Transformation of Embryonic Cell
During puberty, embryonic cells may be transformed into endometrial cell implants by hormones such as estrogen.
- Peritoneal Cells Transformation
As medical experts depicted, peritoneal cells are transformed into endometrial cells by hormones or immune factors.
- Retrograde Menstruation
Endometrial cells are contained in menstrual blood that flows back into the pelvic cavity where it is supposed to flow out of body. In that case, the displaced endometrial cells attach to surfaces of pelvic organs and pelvic walls. Afterward, endometrial cells start growing there and continuing to thicken.
Know the Risks:
You may have serious risks due to development of Endometriosis. Know the risks to realize the need for Endometriosis treatment —
- Reproductive tract abnormalities
- Hindrance normal passage of menstrual flow
- Heavy flow during menstrual cycle and it may last longer than 7 days
- Short gap between two menstrual cycles (less than 27 days)
- Menstrual period starts at early age
- Never giving birth
Know the Symptoms:
You will feel the need of Endometriosis treatment when you can recognize the symptoms—
- Dysmenorrhea (Painful Periods)
- Excessive blood flow during menstrual cycle
- Pain during urination or bowel movements
- Pain during intercourse
- Other issues such as nausea, constipation, diarrhea, fatigue during menstrual cycle
Know the treatment:
Endometriosis treatment is essential to avoid complications of infertility and cancer—
- Fertility treatment
- Hormonal balance
- Pain medication